Welcome! Neighbors, please pop by and enjoy the garden!
This year, we’ve planned new raised beds, educational components, and walking path improvements.
The Mindful Living Garden is located at 3323 N Drake, near Avondale Park in Chicago. During the growing season, community members are welcome to join Avondale Gardeners on scheduled workdays to work and learn together. The rest of the week, community members can come and go as they please, enjoying the meditative space. The AGA Mindful Living Community Garden grows produce specifically for the Avondale Mutual Aid to address food insecurity in Avondale.
Communication on planning, scheduling, and tending to this garden is conducted on FB group (AGA Mindful Living work group) and Slack. Contact AvondaleGardeners@gmail.com for more information about getting involved.
The AGA is an approved partner of the U of I Master Gardener program for volunteer hours! Contact us for details: AvondaleGardeners@gmail.com
Upcoming planned events and activities:
- Fri June 11th – MLG Happy Hour at 5 p
- Sun Apr 4th – work day
- Thurs April 8th – large group meeting via Zoom
- Sun April 11th 9a – work day; preparing the garden for new beds
- Thurs Apr 15th 6p – Slack App tutorial via Zoom
- Sun Apr 18th – Raised beds install/workshop at MLG (10a) and MASSIVE WORKDAY
- Sun Apr 25th – 11a-1p Thank you day in the garden